background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winter Decor

Winter Decorating

Today the Hubs decided he would do the cooking, and make a double batch of his famous "deer chili". So that gave me the opportunity to finish up a few projects so I could cross "winter decorating" off my to do list. Most of the winter decor has been up since I put my Christmas decorations away. There were a few things I had seen on Pinterest that I wanted to finish up and add to my winter mantle. So today was the day. Here's the full view of the finished project.


























I made one of the Epsom Salt candle holders you can find on Pinterest. Very easy and I got all my supplies at the Dollar Tree. The plate was something I already had, and used my Silhouette to cut the "V" out of vinyl. The pitcher and bird were things I had.. I added a bit of "snow" to a pine cone.

At the other end, I added some black candle holders I picked up at the Queen's Antiques in Buford (love that place!), a metal ice skate from Michael's, and a few more pine cones with "snow" in a milk glass dish.
There are several ways to repurpose old sweaters on Pinterest. I decided to use an old white sweater and make a wreath for my living room mirror. I used a sleeve from the sweater to cover a styrofoam wreath, wrapped it with some yarn, and added a few fabric flowers. Taa Daa!! Here's a close up and another pic for the full effect hanging on the mirror.


Hoping you are enjoying your weekend as much as I have enjoyed mine. Spent some time with some special people, heard a great message at church this morning and finished my winter decorating. Really enjoyed the chili (very yummy and very spicy) and my day off from cooking. Thanks honey!

Come back soon to see what I do to this cute stool found at Mud Puppy Antiques in Winder (another favorite place to browse for treasures!).


No comments:

Post a Comment